| || |
Design Awards and Recognition
- Certificate of Achievement in recognition of outstanding public service, Bronze Medalist, U.S. Secret Service, Philadelphia Field Office, 2003 Excellence in Government Awards Program, May 2003.
- IIDA Seventh Annual Pinnacle Awards, State/Federal Government Category, Bronze Award, National Capital Planning Commission, Market Square North, April 2002.
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Headquarters became the first facility in Maryland to earn an Energy Star label from the Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Energy, Spring 2000.
- Maryland Chapter of the National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP), Award of Excellence, Special Recognition and Revitalization Award, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Headquarters, April 2000.
- BOMA Office Building of the Year (in the Government Building category), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Facility (formerly HCFA), Woodlawn, Maryland. Building Owners and Management Association, Middle Atlantic Region, October 2001. This building also won the award in 1997.
- Washington Business Journal's Best Real Estate Deals of 1999, Best Interior Design Award, Greater Washington Board of Trades International Gateway at the Ronald Reagan Building.
- 1998 New Construction Award for Public/Government Category, for U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Regional Insurance Center, Buildings magazine.
- Best Real Estate Deals of 1997, Finalist for Best Interior Design, National Partnership for Reinventing Government, Washington, DC, Washington Business Journal, June 4, 1998.
- IIDA Design Competition, Gold Award, State/Federal Government Division for the New Carrollton Federal Building, IRS National Headquarters, 1996.
- Profit By Design written by Steven L. Biegel, AIA, Managing Principal.
- Interiors & Sources, "Great Design Idea: Greater Washington Board of Trade, International Gateway, Washington, DC", January/February 2002.
- Building Operating Management, "Reinvent Thyself: Federal Agency Converts Office Building Into Working Showcase," Features National Partnership for Reinventing Government, Former Vice President Gore's think tank, January 1999.
- Buildings, 1998 New Construction Award for Public/Government Category, for U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Regional Insurance Center.
- Corporate Interiors No. 2, Stanley Abercrombie, FAIA, Hon. FASID, Hon. IIDA, 1998., Features the New Carrollton Federal Building and the Health Care Financing Administration Headquarters.
- Washington Business Journal, Commercial Real Estate Monthly, "Childcare in the Workplace: A Powerful Employee Incentive," Carolyn S. Settles, November 6-12, 1998.
- The Construction Specifier, "Getting to Know a Building from the Inside Out," March 1998, Features the New Carrollton Federal Building.
- Washington Business Journal, "Design-Build Delivers IRS Headquarters Early," Linda Klinger, February 13-19, 1998, Features the New Carrollton Federal Building.
- The Washington Post, "The Curve: A Welcome IRS Form," Benjamin Forgey, September 6, 1997, Features the New Carrollton Federal Building.
- Facilities Design & Management, "Design-Build It, And They Will Come," Paul Tarricone, September 1996, Features the Health Care Financing Administration Headquarters.
- AIA Federal Procurement Guidelines, written by Steven Biegel.